Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Voicemail not working after change from monthly to contract

I changed from a monthly to a contract and now my voicemail won't work. The girl assured me it would be fine when I changed over but now when I click on the voicemail icon it just says 'call failed'. 

How do I fix this?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you mean by contract, Kate? Do you mean you went from prepaid to a postpaid account?
I now have a phone tab on my account, still prepaid but with a 2 year agreement to pay off my phone.

Cheers - Kate 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kate wrote:

I now have a phone tab on my account, still prepaid but with a 2 year agreement to pay off my pho...

If you have a tab then you have a postpaid account. The tab is not available for prepaid customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What happens when you long press the number one in your phone app?
Sophia,

'Call failed' (and I didn't know I could do it that way... handy to know once my voicemail is back up and running!!!).

Cheers - Kate 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kate wrote:

Sophia,

'Call failed' (and I didn't know I could do it that way... handy to know once my voicem...

Very strange! I'm afraid you might have to call Koodo to sort this out for you... Dial 611 and then be prepared for some long wait times... But once you get to talk to a rep, they should be able to sort your voicemail for you 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hi Kate! To change the retrieval number for the voicemail on an iPhone, from the dialer, enter *5005*86*+1-902-580-4001#. Press Call to program the number 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel wrote:

Hi Kate! To change the retrieval number for the voicemail on an iPhone, from the dialer, ent...

Note for future customers finding this thread: the code above will set your VM access number to +1-902-580-4001, which will only work if this is the correct access number for the VM server you are on. (koodo has multiple different servers across the country, all with different access numbers).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel wrote:

Hi Kate! To change the retrieval number for the voicemail on an iPhone, from the dialer, ent...

The number is most likely +1-###-580-4001 where ### is your local area code, but I'm sure there are exceptions. Should be visible in call settings preferences.

For 514 the valid area code is 438, an overlap code for Montreal.
You're a gem! Worked like a charm.

Cheers - Kate