Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail keeps saying call failed

• 4 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Every time I press “voicemail” it goes directly to call failed. I have tried restarting my phone and still cannot access my voicemail messages.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 4 June 2019, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the keypad, type *5005*86*-----------# where the dashes represent your 11-digit voice mail number (typically starting with +1). To get the "+" symbol, hold down the "0" key until it appears. (‘+’ symbol makes sure number works when roaming internationally). Then tap call. The screen will flash, ever so briefly, and after that it looks like nothing happened. Clear the number off the screen and press and hold the 1 key. The code *#5005*86# displays the currently active number.

Your voicemail access number will typically be the first six digits of your phone number, followed by 4001, (could also be 4002 or 4003 in some areas). If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact Koodo to find out the correct voicemail access number for your line.
With my Huawei P20, I cannot manually set the Voicemail phone number. Koodo tech had me go to Settings, System, Reset, Reset Network Settings and then reboot the phone and that fixed it. I am not sure if he changed the setting on the network side so if it does not work for you then you will have to call support and have them set the number in the network so that reset network settings can retrieve it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With my Huawei P20, I cannot manually set the Voicemail phone number. Koodo tech had me go to Settings, System, Reset, Reset Network Settings and then reboot the phone and that fixed it. I am not sure if he changed the setting on the network side so if it does not work for you then you will have to call support and have them set the number in the network so that reset network settings can retrieve it.
No need to bump old thread to post the same answer 🙂
Userlevel 1

Do you know the phone number to contact Koodo at?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you know the phone number to contact Koodo at?

Hi @DACK1993 what issues are you having that you want to contact Koodo for?