Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail Issue

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I am a bit frustrated. I am not able to get a hold of anyone at Koodoo. I have a Apple phone for the first time. I have important voicemails I am unable to check. I first get voicemail call fails and then I get a lady on the voicemail saying this number is unable to be dialed. Please try again. What is going on with my voicemail? Someone please help! How do I get in contact with a Koodoo representative?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 January 2021, 18:54

Are you a new customer? if so, were the number transfer completed?

Can you dial your own number? When you dial it, what did you hear? Which plan are you on as of now?

Also, I would suggest you reset network settings of the phone and see if it help. Go to Settings » General » Reset » Reset network settings.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

I am a bit frustrated. I am not able to get a hold of anyone at Koodoo. I have a Apple phone for the first time. I have important voicemails I am unable to check. I first get voicemail call fails and then I get a lady on the voicemail saying this number is unable to be dialed. Please try again. What is going on with my voicemail? Someone please help! How do I get in contact with a Koodoo representative?

You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or contact a Koodo rep by sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Userlevel 1

It won’t let me schedule an appointment with the Robot Assistant. It’s not recognizing my message that I need a human to call me nor on Facebook is anyone replying back to me. Is there not a number I can call Koodo at to assist me with this? This is crazy every other carrier I have had I was able to call instantly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a new customer? if so, were the number transfer completed?

Can you dial your own number? When you dial it, what did you hear? Which plan are you on as of now?

Also, I would suggest you reset network settings of the phone and see if it help. Go to Settings » General » Reset » Reset network settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It won’t let me schedule an appointment with the Robot Assistant. It’s not recognizing my message that I need a human to call me nor on Facebook is anyone replying back to me. Is there not a number I can call Koodo at to assist me with this? This is crazy every other carrier I have had I was able to call instantly. 

You can try to call them at 1-866-995-6636.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try to call them at 1-866-995-6636.

@MilkyWay That number would just give the text to their digital assistant.

Userlevel 1

I am not sure if the number transfer was completed. When I dial my own number I can get into my voicemail (thank you for pointing that out as that is new news for me). When I go through the voicemail button or hard press 1, I get this number cannot be completed as dialed. So it’ isn’t connecting my voicemail to something. I also tried resetting the network and I am still getting that message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not sure if the number transfer was completed. When I dial my own number I can get into my voicemail (thank you for pointing that out as that is new news for me). When I go through the voicemail button or hard press 1, I get this number cannot be completed as dialed. So it’ isn’t connecting my voicemail to something. I also tried resetting the network and I am still getting that message.

It’s possible you don't have the correct voicemail number. If you can tell us where you live, we may be able to find the number with the right area code for you to input on your phone. Once you know your voicemail number, you can follow the instructions on this page to set it up. 

Userlevel 1

I live in Palmerston, Ontario. That would be awesome if you could provide me with what number I should be dialing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The VM number hasn't updated on your iPhone. I'd recommend asking koodo for the correct VM access number via facebook messenger or Twitter DM, then following the instructions here to manually update it on the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I live in Palmerston, Ontario. That would be awesome if you could provide me with what number I should be dialing! 

Since you are located in the 519/226/548 area code, you should be using 226-580-4001 as your voicemail number.

Here are the steps to program the voicemail number into your iPhone. 

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*+12265804001#.
  4. Press Call to program the number.

Let us know if it works.