Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Voicemail for seasonal hold

Hi I have a plan with koodo and + 15 dollar tab.  I am wondering about my voicemail while I am away for two months.  I understand that there is a 15 dollar fee a month to put my phone on hold, but how can I retain my voicemail and what does that cost? 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You do not. Your line is unusable while on seasonal hold.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Afaik you cant use your voicemail while on seasonal hold. I would suggest porting to prepaid and then you will be able to use your voicemail. The cheapest prepaid plan is $15/month. This would be a good option if you dont have an old promo plan or a large tab balance.
ok. Thank you

How do you port to prepay?  how do you find out what that will cost?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
kim wrote:

How do you port to prepay?  how do you find out what that will cost?  

You would just buy a prepaid sim card and then sign up for an account and choose to port your number in as part of the setup process. The sim card is $20 (which you get back as a credit), and you will be charged any remaining tab balance and a final bill (with possible proration charges) from your current bill.
I owe $225 dollars on my tab
ok I see.  Thanks Allan.  What about text messages - will they come up when I reactivate my phone? Or will people just be unable to text me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
kim wrote:

ok I see.  Thanks Allan.  What about text messages - will they come up when I reactivat...

People will not be able to text you. The text sent to your inactive phone will not be retained for your return.

kim wrote:

ok I see.  Thanks Allan.  What about text messages - will they come up when I reactivat...

I am trying to put my phone on seasonal hold on the Facebook page but no one is responding to me on there. Does it cost me 10 dollars to call and get customer service to do this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
kim wrote:

I believe they are little backed up today, you'd probably get a response in the next 24 hours but no you wouldnt get charged to call in in this case.