Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US Usage

On my last bill I was charged 5$ for US data usage, however when i look at what exactly I was charged with it has be downloading 0.00 MB. So I was charged for just bringing my phone into the states? I had it on airplane mode the whole time.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call customer service and they will adjust.

for future reference, if you are frequently near a border area:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/why-am-i-getting-charged-for-us-usage-when-not-in-the...

Make sure to find your options to make sure your device does not ever use roaming data. This will prevent it from happening in the future. I went to the US earlier this year and had no charges for roaming as I made sure all data and roaming data was disabled and only used wifi when available.
Userlevel 4
I was charged for roaming data even though my phone said I was on the koodo network and I have roaming data turned off.

A call to customer service got it taken care of, but I do think there's a glitch when you come back into the country and start using your phone before you got your "welcome back to Canada" message.
Danny wrote:

I was charged for roaming data even though my phone said I was on the koodo network and I have ro...

So the moral of this story is, don't use data until you get the welcome to Canada message! 😉
Userlevel 4
Danny wrote:

I was charged for roaming data even though my phone said I was on the koodo network and I have ro...

that's just the working theory  :)  I'll test it next time 🙂