Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US Roaming package for Spouse as gift-pay with my account.

Any idea if I can add and pay (via my account) for a roaming package for my husbands koodo account - trying to do this as a.gift while we are traveling.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are on a monthly account not prepaid you can. just sign into your self serve, go to addons and you should be able to pick whatever add on suites your travelling needs
Chadwick wrote:

If you are on a monthly account not prepaid you can. just sign into your self serve, go to addon...

Thanks Chad! I am on monthly but I am looking to add/and pay for roaming on my husbands phone, not mine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If you are on a monthly account not prepaid you can. just sign into your self serve, go to addon...

okay, you may have to call for that, or make up some reason why u need to check his bill, get him to sign in into his account or something, and then do the add-on. If your on a shared account you should be able to do it with Customer support
Chadwick wrote:

Thanks again! We are on separate accounts - but I like your thinking! I might have to grab his phone when he's not paying attention and add the package. Then I'll just make the payment on his account. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Not a problem Tanya! Glad i could help!
Userlevel 6
Hey Tanya! Just to clarify, roaming is only available for postpaid services (not prepaid).  You can definitely text or add the option on his phone through self-serve. Do note that he will receive a default text message when he enters the US about the roaming pay per use rates even if a package is added on.  More info about our packages can be found here -> http://koo.do/trvllng . Hope this helps 🙂
Melissa wrote:

Hey Tanya! Just to clarify, roaming is only available for postpaid services (not prepaid).  ...

Thank you Melissa! Yes, we both received the texts heading into the US. We both decided not to add the packages as we were only over for a couple of days. Thanks for responding though.