Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US roaming add on without having to text

I would like to get the 10 day unlimited minutes and text add on for the US, but I'm already here and don't want to turn off airplane mode until I get the add on. How do I get it without texting? (I tried texting and it doesn't go through even when I turn airplane mode off). Can I do it online?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Berkeley, You can log into your self serve account and add the addon through there as well.
Thanks hmm but there's no where to click it only says to text for roaming add ons
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Berkeley Brown wrote:

Thanks hmm but there's no where to click it only says to text for roaming add ons

I believe they remove the function to add roaming add-ons through online ahile ago.
You can only do it by texting now.

Can you try power cycle (Power off and on) and try text the code again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello, here's how to do it 

Then you would have this

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello, here's how to do it 

[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/...

You can't add Roaming add-ons through self serve.
Yes but it clearly says "then activate by texting..." I can't text until I have the add on which is my problem with this system
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Berkeley Brown wrote:

Yes but it clearly says "then activate by texting..." I can't text until I have the add on which ...

You should be able to text without add-on.
Some people choose not to have a US roaming add-on since it only cost $5 for 100 outgoing text.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just remarked that as well... Me and Paul both thought it was possible. Seems like it's not.
I know it used to be possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Berkeley Brown wrote:

I know it used to be possible.

So did we, I think the only solution at that point would be contacting them via FB in order to add the roaming add-on.
Thanks anyway!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you connected to a US network or does your phone display "No Service".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Berkeley, you can turn data roaming off on your phone which should protect you from using data but would allow texting to the short code. 
But how do I avoid getting charged for any incoming texts that may have been sent while my phone was on airplane mode and before I'm able to activate the add on? I need to be able to use wifi to do this. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Berkeley Brown wrote:

But how do I avoid getting charged for any incoming texts that may have been sent while my phone ...

Incoming texts are free, no need to worry about them. 
Berkeley Brown wrote:

But how do I avoid getting charged for any incoming texts that may have been sent while my phone ...

Oh fabulous thank you that helps!