Koodo Community
Solved

URGENT IPHONE QUESTION

can i bring any koodo/telus iphone to a koodo store and put it on the tab? so like a month to month and i want to do this for a specific plan on the tab?!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Only phones you can put on the tab are ones purchased from koodo. You can use any compatible unlocked phone on the koodo network, but you won't be able to finance it with the tab.
Userlevel 6
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

Only phones you can put on the tab are ones purchased from koodo. You can use any compatible unlo...

Hi Aaron, Leejohny is right! (see post below). You can accumulate a positive Tab, up to $150, with a non-Koodo phone. The Tab eligibility is based on the credit check done upon activation, not on the device 🙂
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

Only phones you can put on the tab are ones purchased from koodo. You can use any compatible unlo...

I ment phones that can be put on tab, as is a negative balance tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can purchase a phone outright and have it unlocked and bring it to Koodo and put it on any plan you wish except the iPhone contract plans obviously. (some Telus phones work on Koodo without unlocking) You can also purchase a phone from Koodo and put $150 of the phone on the tab and 10% of each months bills will pay off that tab. Once that tab reaches $0 you will begin to accumulate a positive tab that can reach a maximum of $150 and then you'd have $300 you could take off the next phone you purchase and you'd have a negative $150 tab and you'd just keep paying it off again with 10% of each bill. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You can purchase a phone outright and have it unlocked and bring it to Koodo and put it on any pl...

Just to add more with what KID ANDROID said, if you bring your own device and it is unlocked and ready to go with Koodo, you immediately start with a $0 tab balance, so every month you tab will become positive. If you get a phone with Koodo, obviously your tab will be negative since you used it. Reminder: Only Telus iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5 can work with Koodo without unlocking. The rest, unlocking will be needed.