Koodo Community
Question

URGENT: automatic top-up quadruple charging

• 23 November 2016
  • 5 replies

I recently got a top-up put through. 5 minutes later, I get the same message so I just ignore it thinking its a glitch. Then 10 minutes later I get the same message again. so I look at my account on prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com and then I see that I've got an extra 18 dollars in my account. wtf? 

5 minutes later I get the SAME MESSAGE AGAIN and I check my account and now its up to TWENTY dollars. Why is this happening? How do I stop it from charging my credt card?

5 replies

So far I've received six "Thank you for using automatic top-ups" texts from Koodo this morning. It looks like only one actual charge has been made, but I'd like to have this confirmed by the company.
So far I've received six "Thank you for using automatic top-ups" texts from Koodo this morning. I...Make that [i]seven texts. What is going on?
Userlevel 5
Hey everyone! We're currently investigating this and so far we can confirm that everyone who has contacted us about this has not been double billed. It seems to be an error with our text message notifications. 

Simon - We were able to find your account (phone # ending by 45) and we can confirm that you were only charged once. Please disregard the last texts sent to you. 

Gloomeon - we're not able to find your prepaid account. Can you send us a private message on Facebook so that we can take a look at your account? Let us know once it's been done and we will take it from there. 

We appreciate your patience! 
Hey everyone! We're currently investigating this and so far we can confirm that everyone who has ...That's good news! Thanks for the response.