Koodo Community

Community

Solved

URGENT

my phone got stolen last week. so i had to suspend the phone. i just got it back today and after getting a new sim card with same number and everything it says i have no service. i contacted koodo people and they said my iPhone has been flagged. how can i fix this. i am pretty sure it has to do with the company and not with my iPhone because everything else is working fine

9 replies

Userlevel 7
I believe it takes 48hrs to be removed from the International stolen phone registry. You can find. Ore information at: http://www.protectyourdata.ca/
Userlevel 2
Maliha Nabil, koodo flags phone nationally. You might like to check if the IMEI is still reported as lost [b] through Koodo Here → http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml If still flagged, call customer service. It does not take 48 hours. It's unlocked immediately. A battery pull out will be enough after doing so.
Userlevel 7
Xavier wrote:

Maliha Nabil, koodo flags phone nationally. You might like to check if the IMEI is still reported...

Koodo reports to the GSMA database which is international.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

Maliha Nabil, koodo flags phone nationally. You might like to check if the IMEI is still reported...

Funny that Koodo tells OP it's been flagged but doesnt tell them we will unflag it for you and it will take x number of hours to complete this
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

Dennis, We have been given with a new integrated tool for all carriers and there is no wait time to unflag a phone. -It used to take x numbers of hours to complete as we used to send a form and that department had some delays. Not anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They should now be able to unflag the handset within a matter of minutes, as customer service can now do so directly without having to submit a request to another department. Call them again and say you need your handset unflagged. Edit: when you say you called 'koodo people', do you mean customer service or the staff at the kiosk you bought it from?
i mean the customer service. when i got the sim the salesperson told me that i just have to activate the sim back again and everything will be normal. and then i did activate the sim but it kept saying no service. so the customer representative said that my phone is flagged and there is nothing they can do about it because its not a koodo phone. i told them its an unlocked phone and they are my first service providers and i don't know who else to contact. they said they contacted the apple store and everything is fine at their end and its not koodo's problem. although they are the ones who suspended my phone and reported it as lost or stolen so they should be the ones to activate it back again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call *611 again. Choose option 6 for tech support. Ask them to unflag the handset. Flagging a handset is a simple matter of marking the imei number as lost or stolen. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether it's a koodo phone or not. While you're at it, ask if they can send a feedback form for the first agent who clearly has no idea what he/she is talking about.
oak they open in 15 mins ill definitely call and tell them to do so!! thanks!!! 🙂