Community

Solved

Upgraded to a new phone. Old phone is still working

Upgraded to new phone

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Ashley, 

What is your question? Not sure to understand...?
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

Sorry I meant to edit the post. I just bought a new Koodo phone online just received it today . activated it, set it up and did the new SIM card instructions however my old Koodo phone is still receiving texts and calls. So I just have to restore the old phone and then it won't work anymore?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

Do both phones have the same phone number?
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

Yea they do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

Try rebooting both phones.

Usually once you acitvate one, the other one should stop if they are the same number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

If you receive the calls and text on both phones, just close the other one and your problem will be solved!
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

Now what about restrictions password so I can delete everything on the previous phone? It said I had one but the code I currently use isn't working
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

On an iPhone the password you would need to be able to wipe the phone would be the one linked to your apple id.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

You can restore the iPhone to factory settings by doing a restore in iTunes. Just make sure to turn of Find My Phone before you do the restore. This puts the phone in condition for you to sell or give to someone else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ashley, 

You can restore the iPhone to factory settings by doing a restore in iTunes. Just make sure to turn of Find My Phone before you do the restore. This puts the phone in condition for you to sell or give to someone else.