Koodo Community
Solved

upgraded my phone

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi I had the iPhone 8 and upgraded today to the iPhone 12 mini. I was told if I bought a phone today I would not have the activation fee, I also agreed because I know how to install the phone so I didn’t have them to do all of it for me. 

I just reviewed the contract because it was reviewed way too fast because there can only be one person in at a time and there was a line waiting to come in. So I did not see this until I just got home, but the activation fee shows on my paper contract? So is this just to show it’s on contract but I’m not being charged? I purchased because I was told I can take that off if I buy today. I will not use this phone until I hear from you and if the activation fee is still on it then I am returning for a refund. Please call me at *** *** 8732 anytime from 7:30am-8:30am pst or 1-2pm or after 4:30. 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 14 June 2021, 05:39

Hi I had the iPhone 8 and upgraded today to the iPhone 12 mini. I was told if I bought a phone today I would not have the activation fee, I also agreed because I know how to install the phone so I didn’t have them to do all of it for me. 

I just reviewed the contract because it was reviewed way too fast because there can only be one person in at a time and there was a line waiting to come in. So I did not see this until I just got home, but the activation fee shows on my paper contract? So is this just to show it’s on contract but I’m not being charged? I purchased because I was told I can take that off if I buy today. I will not use this phone until I hear from you and if the activation fee is still on it then I am returning for a refund. Please call me at (604) xxx-xxxx anytime from 7:30am-8:30am pst or 1-2pm or after 4:30. 

The credit for the activation fee usually shows up on your second or third bill. I would suggest you to wait until it comes to see if it is credited back to your account. If you do not get it by the second or third bill, you can then contact a Koodo rep to get the fee waived. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just reviewed the contract because it was reviewed way too fast because there can only be one person in at a time and there was a line waiting to come in. So I did not see this until I just got home, but the activation fee shows on my paper contract? So is this just to show it’s on contract but I’m not being charged? I purchased because I was told I can take that off if I buy today. I will not use this phone until I hear from you and if the activation fee is still on it then I am returning for a refund. Please call me at (604) xxx-xxxx anytime from 7:30am-8:30am pst or 1-2pm or after 4:30. 

The credit for the activation fee usually shows up on your second or third bill. I would suggest you to wait until it comes to see if it is credited back to your account. If you do not get it by the second or third bill, you can then contact a Koodo rep to get the fee waived. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Firstly, please don’t post your personal number in a public forum.

Re the contract: you paper contract only show major terms of your cellular plan. It doesn’t show credit or store discount (if you had).

Anyway, where did you activate? Was it at a Koodo kiosk or a retail?