Koodo Community
Solved

Upgrade to iPhone 11 Pro but stay on current plan?

• 17 September 2019
  • 7 replies

I currently have zero tab and $40/8GB plan. If I get a new iPhone from Apple or from Koodo - can I keep my plan?
icon

Best answer by Dennis 17 September 2019, 19:28

The issue is that I do not see this plan offered anywhere (even tab small as you pointed out twice).

If the plan I currently have is grandfathered then I'm wondering if BYOD allows me to keep the plan or will I have to choose a new plan.

I'm unconvinced.

You just take your sim out and put in in the new phone. No need to change plans.

Or is you are getting the phone on tab from Koodo, here are the ugrade tab rules with older plans
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone
So when you reach the select plan screen there should be an option to keep your current plan
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get anything from out of Koodo and keep your plan. As for via tab on Koodo, your plan only qualfies for tab small.
You can get anything from out of Koodo and keep your plan.
Out of Koodo?
You mean, I can upgrade my current iPhone with a phone purchased outside of Koodo (from Apple Store) and keep my existing Koodo plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It doesn't matter ti Koodo what phone you use. It's considered BYOD or bring your own device. You can grab by phone from anywhere anytime and as I said via koodo tab your plan qualifies for tab small without needing to change it
The issue is that I do not see this plan offered anywhere (even tab small as you pointed out twice).

If the plan I currently have is grandfathered then I'm wondering if BYOD allows me to keep the plan or will I have to choose a new plan.

I'm unconvinced.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm unconvinced.

You just take your sim out and put in in the new phone. No need to change plans.

Or is you are getting the phone on tab from Koodo, here are the ugrade tab rules with older plans
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone
So when you reach the select plan screen there should be an option to keep your current plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What's so unconvincing about you can use any phone you want not bought from Koodo? That's just not a thing. That's a central point to having SIM cards: swapping as you want when you want between phones.
Userlevel 4
@Cybergy Yes if you buy your phone from Apple or eBay or anywhere other than Koodo you can keep your currant plan.