Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking phone, activating on existing plan??

Hi there, I've received conflicting advice from the customer rep from a Koodo outlet and then a customer rep via the phone. Quite irritating considering the attitude of the customer rep in-store (A condescending, ill-informed brat at the Dufferin Mall location) but that experience was redeemed by the courtesy of the customer rep via the phone. I just want to confirm the procedure for unlocking a non-koodo phone and then activating it on my existing phone plan: 1) Unlock the non-koodo phone with its current provider or online (Any recommendations for online unlocking services?) 2) Buy a new micro/nano SIM card if needed for the new phone (Current phone is changing from Samsung Galaxy Ace to an iPhone 4, so I am guessing a new SIM will be needed?) 3) Head to self serve --> Mobile Phone --> Swap phone. Enter in phone details to activate the phone for use on the existing plan. (Are there any additional fees that I should be aware of as a result of swapping phones?) Is this procedure correct? Could someone confirm please? Thanks very much! Sincerely, Tired of commuting around the city just to be misinformed

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1) Unlock the non-koodo phone with its current provider or online (Any recommendations for online unlocking services?) -> Yes it is correct. I've been looking on ebay for unlock codes. But it depends on the phone you have. iPhone = go with provider because cheepest way. You will not find something cheaper then 35$ for an iPhone unlock. 2) Buy a new micro/nano SIM card if needed for the new phone (Current phone is changing from Samsung Galaxy Ace to an iPhone 4, so I am guessing a new SIM will be needed?) ->Yes, new SIM from Koodo will be needed unless you cut it. What you need is a MICRO-SIM 3) Head to self serve --> Mobile Phone --> Swap phone. Enter in phone details to activate the phone for use on the existing plan. (Are there any additional fees that I should be aware of as a result of swapping phones?) -> Yes, this is correct. No additional fees
Userlevel 3
Hey Michelle, Thanks for reaching out. The answers provided by Robert and Joshua Su are correct. I am glad that the rep over the phone was able to restore back your faith 🙂. However, as for the rep at the store, this type of behavior is not accepted and we'd like to take a look into this. Would you mind sending us an email to: http://koo.do/YqucV0, please include the date, time,name of person (if you have it) and location once again. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.