Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unlocking iphone 7 plus

Hello Experts,
I would like to buy an iphone 7 plus with medium tab and I am a four months old customer. Can I unlock the phone immediately the day I buy it @ koodo store? I need it unlocked because, next month  I may have to visit outside of Canada.

Thank you all in advance
icon

Best answer by CoolCanuck 13 November 2016, 18:09

Hi Raphael,

According to the Wireless Code, if a subsidized device (referred to as tab in Koodo) is the choice for phone payment, cell phone carriers must allow you to unlock your device after 90 days. While the carrier can choose unlock it before 90 days, it is my understanding that Koodo will not do such a thing. 

[b]If you purchase the phone at retail price (no tab): You can follow the instructions here: How do I know if I am eligible to get my Koodo phone unlocked?

For prepaid (no mention of being active for 90 days)..: Can I unlock my Koodo Prepaid phone?

(The plus tab note needs to be updated by Koodo, as it is my understanding a positive tabs no longer exist)

View original

1 reply

Hi Raphael,

According to the Wireless Code, if a subsidized device (referred to as tab in Koodo) is the choice for phone payment, cell phone carriers must allow you to unlock your device after 90 days. While the carrier can choose unlock it before 90 days, it is my understanding that Koodo will not do such a thing. 

[b]If you purchase the phone at retail price (no tab): You can follow the instructions here: How do I know if I am eligible to get my Koodo phone unlocked?

For prepaid (no mention of being active for 90 days)..: Can I unlock my Koodo Prepaid phone?

(The plus tab note needs to be updated by Koodo, as it is my understanding a positive tabs no longer exist)