Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking Iphone 4s

I bought an Iphone 4s from Koodo, Pickering Town Centre, Pickering, Ontario. My plan is with Rogers. I was advised the phone could be easily unlocked for a fee by anyone providing cell phone services. I now learn that any such unlocking would void the two year warranty I purchased. Please advie what to do. Thanks. Fyzool mohammed

7 replies

Userlevel 7
I believe you need to contact Apple to have it unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I believe you need to contact Apple to have it unlocked.

Apple does not provide unlocking services
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only the carrier you purchased the phone from can unlock their own phones (unless you go third party). Unlocking by the carrier will not void the manufacturer's warranty, especially for Apple products.
Userlevel 2
If you purchased the phone outright, you can request the unlock fee from Koodo. If you didn't, then you need to wait 90 days + have good payment history on the account before Koodo will unlock the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
neelimarose wrote:

You can unlock your iphone 4s from Rogers network by getting the remote unlocking method from the...

Userlevel 4
neelimarose wrote:

You can unlock your iphone 4s from Rogers network by getting the remote unlocking method from the...

But...but I love Spam...or Kilk
Userlevel 7
joe jas wrote:

Hi you can easily unlock your iphone4s by using remote unlock method. If you need remote unlockin...