Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking iPhone 4 (koodo) from a distance

Ok so I have a iphone 4 from koodo. I know I can have it unlock'd for 35$ by calling 1-866-99-koodo but the fact is I'm already in Europe and I had my line suspended while im here (the 15$/month thing). Is there anything I can do ? Do I absolutely have to switch my line back on ? thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... If your account is still active, up to date on payments, you can get in contact with Customer Service and get your phone unlocked... As you said, a fee will apply and you will see it in your next bill... Enjoy your trip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... If your account is still active, up to date on payments, you can get in contact w...

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-...
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... If your account is still active, up to date on payments, you can get in contact w...

Yeah i'm aware of that link but the fact is i'm in europe and i suspended my phone line or whatever so I cant call ! i'm wondering if i can do it online..
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi Marco... Give it a try using your Self Service account, under Self Serve get into Phone Services, there you should see the option to unlock phone... If it works, BINGO, if it does not, you still have the option to get in contact with Customer Service... 

Enjoy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

It's an iphone.  You have to call in
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Good point! But even with an iPhone you are presented with the option to unlock it, I did not finalize the process since I don't want to unlock the phone now, but wondering what would happen if I click unlock? Probably Marco could try... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

If you clicked on it, it will tell you it wont work and to call in.

An iphone needs to be unlocked via Apple Servers and syncing with iTunes.  You cannot be given an unlock code to enter like an android
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Thanks Dennis, That I know, I thought that somehow the system was connected to send the request to Apple... 
I thought to my knowledge that if your phone is lock is because you put a lock on it!? If so you must know your number to unlock it!!!
Userlevel 7
Evelina Preshyon wrote:

I thought to my knowledge that if your phone is lock is because you put a lock on it!? If so you ...

The type of unlock they're talking about is referring to allowing your phone to be used on ANY compatible network instead of being 'locked' to just one network (in this case, Koodo)
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Evelina Preshyon wrote:

I thought to my knowledge that if your phone is lock is because you put a lock on it!? If so you ...

Hi Evelina... I think he means to get the phone unlocked to be able to use it with a different sim card, phones come locked to carriers so they can be used only under their network... 😉