Koodo Community
Question

Unlocking an iphone that was previously on a Koodo service

I had an iphone with Koodo service but stopped the service 2 months ago. I now wish to give the iphone to my son but need to have it unlocked. How should I go about doing this. Thanks for your help.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Just get a prepaid SIM card and activate that - $20 to buy (it's even cheaper on eBay) with $20 c...$6.99 on eBay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just get a prepaid SIM card and activate that - $20 to buy (it's even cheaper on eBay) with $20 credit... then add $30 (because you'll have $5 already) top up and unlock the phone 🙂 It's probably the easiest and cheapest solution - max $50 all-in.
Userlevel 3
Hey Nurun! To be able to unlock your iPhone, you need to have an active account with Koodo. Otherwise, you will have to do it with a third-party. Have a great one! 
Userlevel 2
I have had four phones unlocked through cellunlocker.net To complete the unlock though, you will need a sim card from another carrier. This could be borrowed from some one. As long as it is different than the phones old carrier. Each phone I had unlocked was under $10. Took about 24 hours to get the unlock code through e-mail, then about three minutes to unlock it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since you've discontinued service with Koodo, the only option would be to find a third-party unlo...It won't be free and it's 35$
Userlevel 1
Since you've discontinued service with Koodo, the only option would be to find a third-party unlocking service. Keep in mind that you need a FACTORY-UNLOCK, and not any "SIM trays" or "jailbreak/hacks". Only factory-unlocks are official and won't cause problems. Cost might be around $100+ though, although if you were still with Koodo it could be unlocked for around $50, or even free due to the CRTC's sweeping regulations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If he plans to use it with koodo or Telus it does not need to be unlocked. If he plans to use it ...Or public mobile too

and you must have an active Koodo account for them to unlock your device.
Userlevel 4
If he plans to use it with koodo or Telus it does not need to be unlocked. If he plans to use it with another provider you will need to called in and get it unlocked. Usually to be unlocked you must have a active account and service, although they may still unlock it for you as you only recently left.