Koodo Community
Solved

unlocking an iphone 4s

I'v called koodos customer service, and they told me all i have to do now is to sync the phone on to itunes. Do i need to sync it with my koodo SIM card, or just sync the phone itself without a sim card?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Sharan, Follow the instructions that Dennis provided in the link I've provided below. You can leave the sim card in the phone when doing so. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/unlocking-iphone-4s-finishing-the-procedure Hope that helps 🙂
If i leave the koodo sim in the phone while unlocking it, i can still use the koodo sim for another phone right? And then put a different companies sim in the iphone?
Userlevel 7
Sharan Singh wrote:

If i leave the koodo sim in the phone while unlocking it, i can still use the koodo sim for anoth...

That's correct. The sim card won't become deactivated unless you switch sim cards via self serve. So if you have a Koodo phone that the sim card will fit in then simply pop it into the other phone. Keep in mind that the sim card can only be used on one phone number so it can't be given to another person and activated on their account. Hope that helps 🙂
Sharan Singh wrote:

If i leave the koodo sim in the phone while unlocking it, i can still use the koodo sim for anoth...

Alright, thanks so much!
Userlevel 7
Sharan Singh wrote:

No problem at all, hope it works out for you 🙂 have a good evening
Userlevel 4
All you have to do is pop another provider's SIM card in the phone after you call into Koodo and pay your $35. The phone will reboot and restart unlocked.