Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unlocked phone and sim card

Hi. I am a koodo montly costumer and i was wondering that it is possible to buy a new unlocked iphone and buy a nano sim card and activate through self serve by saying new sim card but sane phone? Does that work? Or I have to regester both sim card and new phone

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wait, you're getting a new unlocked iphone but keeping the phone you have too? Regardless, only the sim gets registered to the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you asking which one to pick at Step 1 on your Self serve ? (If you want to upgrade your phone, you just need to activate a new sim) Self serve > Mobile Phone > Swap Mobile Phone Step 1 : "Upgrade my current phone" Step 2 : "Does the new phone you're upgrading to use a SIM card?" Select "yes", and enter a new sim # then continue.
Ok but do i have to may anything for my old phone to continue using new unlocked phone because my old phone have -124
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pagalpan wrote:

Ok but do i have to may anything for my old phone to continue using new unlocked phone because my...

Can you explain what you mean by that question, pagalpan, what is the -124? The amount on your Tab, or....?
pagalpan wrote:

Ok but do i have to may anything for my old phone to continue using new unlocked phone because my...

Yup amount on my tab
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The tab is tied to the line, not the phone. You will only be charged if you cancel the line, or if you want to purchase a different phone using the tab (a recent change to eliminate any confusion regarding the 24 month tab guarantee).