Koodo Community

Community

unlocked Iphone5s

I activeted a replacement phone and Sims card then I erased my replacement phone and backed up my old phone then restored the info on my replacement phone. But now somehow my phone # has changed. If I phone my # it goes to voicemail and if I text someone they don't get any sender info. Even Koodo can't seem to contact me because yesterday was the final day for my prepaid 30 days and I got no notification.  How do I get my old # back?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mike.

Not sure ton understand what happened. It's very weird that your number just changed like that. It's not possible unless you pout someone's else's SIM in your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"I activated a replacement phone and Sim card..."
 - Did you activate your new SIM as a new account or as a update/upgrade?
Mayumi wrote:

"I activated a replacement phone and Sim card..."
 - Did you activate your new SIM as a new ...

I activated it as a replacement because I didn't want to loose the data and minutes I had purchased
I just bought the sims card from Koodo store then changed the Sims number at Koodo on line then I installed it in my phone and now I have a different number.  As a matter of fact the # is the same as my wife used to have for her iPad from a site called text me..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Dunnigan wrote:

I just bought the sims card from Koodo store then changed the Sims number at Koodo on line t...

When you log into self serve, what phone number is showing on top right (Account Status)?

You might need to adjust your setting to use sms and call.
Thanks everyone for your help but I talked to Koodo about the problem and it seems I made a mistake when installing the Sims cars in my phone.  They said the only solutions were to change my phone # or get a new sims card and phone them when I am ready to install it