Koodo Community
Question

unlocked iPhone from Virgin Mobile

• 14 December 2012
  • 9 replies

I have an unlocked iPhone 4s from Virgin Mobile. Will this phone work with Koodo? If so, will iMessage work?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
It should yes. However, did you get Virgin to unlock it or did you jailbreak it? Also, is it Virgin Canada or US?
The phone was unlocked using an unlock code purchased over the internet. This iPhone is from Virgin Canada. Hope that does not change your answer
Userlevel 6
The phone was unlocked using an unlock code purchased over the internet. This iPhone is from Vir...Traditionally iPhones aren't unlocked that way so you should go to a Koodo store & pop in a test SIM to make sure first.
Userlevel 6
The phone was unlocked using an unlock code purchased over the internet. This iPhone is from Vir...It will work, but you will have to change the APNs. Now, normally you chnage settings through itunes, but in this case, because of how the phone was unlocked it might get locked again. Use this site to manually change the APNs. It works. http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=146
Thank you all for your input. I just wanted to make sure the iPhone will work on the Koodo network as long as it's unlocked properly ... if it isn't. What I'm hearing is it will. I will be using this phone on the Koodo network.
I thought I should post back my findings just in case anyone else is interested. There are two ( that I know of) different types of unlocking for iPhone 4 and 4s. One is called SIM Unlocking and the other is called Factory Unlocking. In the case of SIM Unlocking, your phone will relock itself after a software update to your phone. The Factory Unlocking is perminent. The current situation for Bell/Virgin iPhones is no third party vendor can Factory Unlock your iPhone but the word on the street is Bell/Virgin will factory unlock for $75 ... provided you meet their criteria (what ever they are). I think you will need to be a Bell/Virgin customer for them to help you. So ... sadly to say I won't be using this Virgin iPhone on the Koodo network.
I thought I should post back my findings just in case anyone else is interested. There are t...So if the iphone is factory unlocked it should work on the koodo network?
Userlevel 7
I thought I should post back my findings just in case anyone else is interested. There are t...Hi Erica, if the iphone is factory unlocked it should work on koodo's network however pop in a koodo sim just to make sure. 🙂
I thought I should post back my findings just in case anyone else is interested. There are t...If the koodo sim worked will the update work Daniel??