Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocked iPhone 3GS not getting 3G data,

I just moved from a Blackberry to an iPhone 3gs and I am unable to get data on the phone. What must I do? I have a plan which supports data. I have the $35 canada wide talk and data plan

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you plugged your phone into iTunes since you put your sim card into the phone? The carrier update with proper data settings is sent via iTunes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
was the iphone purchased unlocked from Apple, unlocked by the carrier or jailbroken? If it's one of the first two, connect it to itunes and update the carrier settings. if it's the last one: 1. Go to unlockit.co.nz (launching SAFARI on the phone) 2. Click on create APN 3. Select country and carrier (KOODO ) 4. Click on the Create APN button 5. Turn off WIFI 6. Go under settings/general/network/cellular data ON and 3G ON 7. Check if signal shows KOODO 3G 8. If it does not show it power cycle phone .
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

was the iphone purchased unlocked from Apple, unlocked by the carrier or jailbroken? If it's o...

that's exactly right! if that doesnt work, go to your nearest koodo location http://koodomobile.com/en/on/storelocator.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also just to add, make sure you have your cellular data turned on Settings -> General -> Network
Dennis wrote:

Also just to add, make sure you have your cellular data turned on Settings -> General -> Network

its on
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Good to hear it's all working 🙂
Thanks guys! I DECLARE IT WORKS!!!