Koodo Community
Question

unlock my phone

I sent a request to support about 1 ½ hours ago and I am still waiting for as response.  I need someone to unlock my phone so I can put in a new SIM card and have my phone reactivated.  Can someone PLEASE respond.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is a holiday today… if you sent your request on Facebook they will respond as soon as they can. I believe you can unlock your phone in self serve too, if you already have a Koodo account.

i tried thru self serve. It just brings up my billing info, nothing about unlocking my phone

When I go thru self serve - mobile services, this is the screen that comes up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just a blue screen? At what point during the login do you see that?

right after I go thru Self Service/mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you saw the blue banner, you might have logged into a “closed account”. Are you currently a Koodo customer? If you aren’t, you cannot use the unlock tool.

If you purchased your phone BEFORE Dec 2017, you could send message with your phone IMEI number to their facebook and ask a rep to unlock it for you. https://www.facebook.com/Koodo It isn’t a live chat, they might respond tomorrow.

If you purchased your phone after Dec 2017, your phone should be unlocked already.

I did change my provider and it appears Koodo deactivated my account without unlocking my phone.  If I go to the Kiosk in West Edmonton Mall tomorrow, will they be able to unlock my phone?  I have always been as Telus customer, ever since I bought my iPhone.  When I activated my Koodo account, I think they unlocked my phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did change my provider and it appears they deactivated my account without unlocking my phone.  If I do to the Kiosk in West Edmonton Mall tomorrow, will they be able to unlock my phone?

No, the store agent didn’t have the tool.

Where do I go to have my phone unlocked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where do I go to have my phone unlocked?

Please check out the way to contact them to unlock in my post above. You would have to either schedule a callback or chat with a rep. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They will respond to your Facebook message and send you the unlock code. It just might take some time, as I said it's a holiday today.

Where would I go to enter this code

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@smokeyjo When did you purchase your current phone? All phones have been sold unlocked since Nov 2017.

Prior to 2017

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to send the IMEI code to Koodo though Facebook private messenger. You can get the code by dialing *#06# on your phone.

is this IMEI thing the number on the sim card from Koodo? If it is, I  have sent them that number 1 1/12 hrs ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No it's the number that will be displayed on your phone after you dial that code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don't post it here though, the code is private. Just send it to Koodo in a private FB message and ask them for the unlock code.

OK  I got a number and I have sent it to them thru facebook messenger.  What happens now? How do I enter the unlock code

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They'll send you an unlock code. If you insert your new SIM, it will ask for it and you'll need to enter it, then your phone is unlocked. Hope that they respond soon 🙂

Hi Sophia.  I’m still waiting for a response.  Please tell me they are working today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh I’m not sure, @smokeyjo - I would imagine that they are working today, but I can’t guarantee that they will respond to you (I’m just a customer like yourself). If it’s really, really urgent I could flag your post for a rep and see if they can give your FB request some priority, but… no promises...

I would really appreciate that.  I am a senior and my only method of communication is my cell phone. I have no land line and I am feeling quite unsettled.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Done :) Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also just a heads up don't keep sending messages as often the queues are sorted by oldest first. If you keep sending more messages on Facebook you'll get put the bottom of the queue.