Koodo Community
Question

unlock

• 8 June 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a koodo LG phone that I no longer have a phone plan. Would like to use it on vacation abroad.
Will they unlock it. And do I have to contact customer service or can a kios help with the unlock?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think koodo stores can unlock phones, but you can definitely get it unlocked for free. Just send Koodo a message using Facebook messenger and include the imei number of the phone. (you can view this easily by dialing *#06# from the keypad. They'll get back to you with the unlock code, although it may take a day or two depending on exactly how busy they are. Once you get the code, just pop in a non-koodo sim card, enter the code and you're good to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Glad you got some use out of the virtual assistant. And to ad to the above comment for future readers, koodo kiosks cant unlock phones. Best they can do is call in for you if they're feeling generous.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Tried this and its awesome, just wanted to share!

For step 6 in your situation you can just say you need to unlock your phone and you are no longer a customer. The more info the rep has before hand, the quicker the call will go

Tried this and its awesome, just wanted to share!