Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlimited texting to the USA from Canada

Hey so I want to text someone to the US and I live in Canada. My plan pays 30 dollars a month with unlimited texts, no data and unlimited call after 5. Will I be charged if I text to the US?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Which plan do you have?
Justin wrote:

Which plan do you have?

I don't know what it is called, all I know is it costs 30 dollars monthly and unlimited texts, no data unless you want to pay for extra. And free calling after 5
Userlevel 4
If it's the Basic Talk and Text 30 then Yes it is included. Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.
Justin wrote:

If it's the Basic Talk and Text 30 then Yes it is included. Includes international text messag...

I have the $60 plan. I see this post is 2 years old... Is it still included in my package for texts to the US?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin wrote:

If it's the Basic Talk and Text 30 then Yes it is included. Includes international text messag...

Unless you have a very, very old plan, international texts are included in your plan.
Userlevel 6
You are fine. Can text as much as you want from Canada to anywhere in the world as a matter fact. International messaging is included with koodo unlike some of the other.
You're good with what you have. Careful though because technically you can still send pics without any data BUT it may not send as this is an issue with some phones.