Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlimited Picture Messaging with Prepaid not working?

Hello. I brought my iPhone 5C in and got a Koodo prepaid SIM card which included the $15 plan I assume as I wasn't charged. This was the plan I wanted in any case as all I care about is texting and picture messaging when I'm not connected to wifi. Texts send fine as SMS, but pictures always come up as failed asking me to try again. I enabled my data, reluctantly as I don't have any data boosters.

Once I did that the picture sent. I read that newer phones require a SIM card with data enabled for the unlimited picture messaging to work properly, but I wanted to confirm if this will this charge me for data consumed or will data just not be consumed?

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Prepaid customers are lucky with this. Turning data on to send MMS will always work because it's part of your plan but because you don't have any boosters, you can't actually access other Internet functions. So go ahead, don't worry. You can't be charged anything because there's no bill to make. They recently introduced something in the $30 postpaid plan to combat this widespread issue. It's a data block that enables itself once you hit the cap, but allows MMS. I think there's a $2 add on for other plans, too. It sounds promising.
Jonathan I wrote:

Prepaid customers are lucky with this. Turning data on to send MMS will always work because it's ...

That's pretty sweet then, I guess I shouldn't be worried at all. Thanks!