Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlimited picture

If I have unlimited pictur texmasaging thos it cost me data. My plan has the unlimited picture texmasaging but dos not have data so I am just wondering cuz I got a text saying I used over 10$ in data

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Celeste,

Picture messaging does not count towards data.

Things that count towards data:
- Emails
- Websites
- Facebook
- Weather App

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Celeste,

Picture messaging does not count towards data.

Things that count towards data:
- Em...

And since you have to turn on your data to send or receive MMS, you will often find other data sneaks in while you are trying to get the picture message. 

Let the group know what phone you use, and they can help you find solutions to reducing your data consumption.

Userlevel 6
Picture messaging only works with data on
Badge +4
With iPhone, you have complete control over which apps will consume cellular data. Go to: Settings > Cellular, and under 'Use Cellular Data For:' slide the switches to the left to disable data for all apps in that list. This will prevent apps from using cellular data while sending a picture message. Another area to be wary of is Background App Refresh, this allows apps to download content over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection and saves you from waiting for data to load when you launch an app. You can disable this setting entirely. Go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh. If you don't want automatic downloads to happen over a cellular data connection, go to: Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off Use Cellular Data.