Koodo Community
Solved

unlawful payments

yeah so i was on a working holiday visa and before i left i cancelled my account with Koodo and was guaranteed that it would be effective immediate, this was on 8th of December 2018. I now look at my Canadian bank account and find out my Koodo account was never closed and that it is still taking money from my account which is now in overdraft!!!! How could this complete mistake happen! I want a full refund of the payments that have taken from me!
icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 1 February 2019, 15:51

Hey @matthewblythe - I just finished looking over your account and the notes do confirm that your line should have been cancelled on Dec 7th. With that being said, even if the line was cancelled correctly, there would have still been a small pending balance that was caused by some long distance charges.

Under the circumstances, I took the liberty of applying a credit as if the line was cancelled when it was supposed to be along with the small added credit of covering the LD charges.

I would like to confirm that your new balance is $0 and you no longer owe a balance to Koodo 🙂

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi @matthewblythe - Looks like your final payment did not go through using the pre-authorized payment method you had set up. Give me a little time to look into this and I'll report back ere as to how this can be sorted.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @matthewblythe - I just finished looking over your account and the notes do confirm that your line should have been cancelled on Dec 7th. With that being said, even if the line was cancelled correctly, there would have still been a small pending balance that was caused by some long distance charges.

Under the circumstances, I took the liberty of applying a credit as if the line was cancelled when it was supposed to be along with the small added credit of covering the LD charges.

I would like to confirm that your new balance is $0 and you no longer owe a balance to Koodo 🙂
Ok excellent thankyou very much Chris great help!