Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Understanding International text and text/picture rates

I want to send pictures (from Canada) via text to my family in Europe. Is this included in the lightweight price? And if my relatives were to send me a picture (from Europe) via text, what would I be charged? If I send just a text to europe (from Canada) is it included? And what about if I receive a text from Europe (no picture) while I am in Canada?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as you are in canada, all texts (including picture messages), sent and recieved to/from anywhere in the world are included in all Koodo plans
Userlevel 7
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/international_mms Sending MMS to Europe - included Receiving MMS from Europe-included. Receiving SMS from Europe-included Note: applies to rest of world where koodo has agreements with other carriers 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just make sure you dial the correct form of the number in order to send the message. Here at the bottom of tis page (http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance)
Userlevel 5
Actually it depends on the plan that you have on your account. From the sounds of it you do not have a current plan - you probably have an older plan + data lightweight. Most of the older plans had a charge of $0.20 for additional text messages, and $0.50 for additional MMS - this is because those plans came with a certain number of messages allowed. If you added unlimited messaging then it would not matter where you were sending, it would fall under unlimited. Regardless, if your plan does not allow for unlimited MMS than you will probably be paying for the cost of the use of data to receive MMS. A lot of people that I talk to have older plans that they are happy with, but you may be able to get the same (or more) in a newer plan (and it may even cost less). Everybody above does have good information for current plans but look at details of your plan and your data addon for details about this.
Userlevel 2
make it simple - its free
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

make it simple - its free

Dave has a point. If it's a really old plan, then it may not be free. If she can't see the rates via Self Serve, she should call customer service to have someone look at her account and tell her.