Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable to send or receive texts

On a prepaid plan with unlimited text and booster for talk and data. The phone is used by my daughter and she is unable to send or receive texts when not on wifi. She is able to make and receive calls. We've tried turning the phone on and off, hard rebooting the phone and checking the settings for messages. The phone is an iPhone 4 so I hope the suggestion is not to pull out the battery and SIM as I've seen suggested elsewhere. The phone was previously with another carrier and we've never experienced this problem before. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Mathieu 22 November 2015, 04:17

Hi Wendy,

Solution to this is quite easy, it's iMessage. I'm sure your daughter's friends are all using iPhones, and by default once your contacts numbers are associated to iMessage, texts will only go out by using iMessage. To fix this, it is an easy fix your daughter (or yourself) will need to do:

1. On the iPhone, go in settings, messages and the first option of "iMessages", turn that off. This will stop the texts from being sent as iMessages.
That should be all you need to do, however if your daughter notices she can no longer receive texts from people who have iPhones, you can go de-register your number from iMessages at this link. It should not be necessary, as it is done automatically when you turn iMessages off, but I have included this for completeness and in case this becomes an issue.

Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Wendy,

Solution to this is quite easy, it's iMessage. I'm sure your daughter's friends are all using iPhones, and by default once your contacts numbers are associated to iMessage, texts will only go out by using iMessage. To fix this, it is an easy fix your daughter (or yourself) will need to do:
  1. On the iPhone, go in settings, messages and the first option of "iMessages", turn that off. This will stop the texts from being sent as iMessages.
That should be all you need to do, however if your daughter notices she can no longer receive texts from people who have iPhones, you can go de-register your number from iMessages at this link. It should not be necessary, as it is done automatically when you turn iMessages off, but I have included this for completeness and in case this becomes an issue.

Hope this helps!