Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Two iPhones on same plan?

I have an iPhone 5s and got an iPhone 6+. The old one was disabled, but is it possible to have two phones with my same plan and same number? I know both would "ring" with a new call, but this way I could have a spare phone if needed.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
All you need to do is take out the SIM from one phone and put it in the other...am assuming SIMS for both 5s and 6+ haven't changed in size-:)
But I want both iPhones to work. Just like one can have two or more phones on the same landline number, I would like both iPhones to work on my same number.
Userlevel 6
Then you need to get a new SIM card and activate it with a plan to get the other one up and running again. This won't give you what you want, this will give you 2 phone numbers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't. At least no officially with Koodo or any carrier in Canada. Unless you hack the sim and clone it. But I've only see that on TV and movies
Userlevel 5
No way of doing 2 phones with the same number. While its easy to compare it to a home phone, the technology is very different. With a home phone its pretty simple since all the phones are just hooked up to the one physical line. But with cell phones, there is no one place associated with the phone. If they could do it im sure it would just cause a ton of problems. So unfortunately no go.
Thanks for the replies. I understand better now. Guess I just trade in the 5s to Apple for partial payment on an iPad. Wait, one follow-up. Could I give the 5s to a friend so she could use it on her plan? Does it have to be unlocked somehow from Koodoo?
Userlevel 5
Noel Leon wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I understand better now. Guess I just trade in the 5s to Apple for partia...

If the iPhone was previously with Koodo and they want to activate it with another company, then yes it would need to be unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it is a Koodo iphone, then it must be unlocked to use with another carrier (except for telus). My advice is to unlock with Koodo ($35) since unlocking via 3rd party online will cost $100+
Dennis wrote:

If it is a Koodo iphone, then it must be unlocked to use with another carrier (except for telus)....

How do you unlock with koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If it is a Koodo iphone, then it must be unlocked to use with another carrier (except for telus)....

Call Koodo *611 on your Koodo cell (it's a free call)