Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Twitter and Facebook on iPhone?

So i was recently considering switching to the iPhone 4 from my blackberry 9300. I noticed that there is no add-on for facebook, twitter, etc. except the blackberry social one. I don't want to get a plan with data because i don't use e-mail or the internet on my phone (except with wifi but i dont want to get data since i wont use it very often). Does anyone know how to get social networking for iPhone without buying a data plan?

3 replies

You can't. The older Blackberries were set up in such a way that Blackberry could set it as to what could be allowed and what couldn't. Now with the newer Blackberries, as well as Android & Iphone, you must use data(or wifi) in order to access anything internet related.
Userlevel 6
You could always get it without a Data plan & just use it on Wi-Fi ... but IMO a smartphone without a Data plan defeats the purpose of said smartphone.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

You could always get it without a Data plan & just use it on Wi-Fi ... but IMO a smartphone witho...

Just keep in mind if you choose to have koodo block your data, you won't be able to send or get picture messages even on wifi.