Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travelling to Brazil

Hello, I will be travelling to Brazil in June, and I read the section on your website about travelling, but I still don't really understand. I do understand that I have to add the 2$ add-on. What I don't understand, is the cost for calls and texts. On the graph you made in that travelling section, I see that it costs 2,50$ per minute... but I was wondering if there is a way to get a cheaper price, perhaps a 1 or 2 months contract? Same thing for the texting... Please help me, I will be grateful!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
koodo doesn't do contracts. Maybe you could get your phone unlocked and get a prepaid sim in brazil. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Unfortinately Koodo doesn't have any roaming packages for international roaming. If the roaming rates are too pricey as stated above you can unlock your phone and get another sim card with a local provider down there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Unfortinately Koodo doesn't have any roaming packages for international roaming. If the roaming r...

This is exactly what I am doing for my Australia trip on Thursday. Prepaid in Australia is unlimited Austrlia wide calling and text plus 500mb per day for $2/day.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Unfortinately Koodo doesn't have any roaming packages for international roaming. If the roaming r...

Does anyone know how much that would cost?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

You will have to google or look up Brazil prepaid plans. Unfortunately I dont read portuguese which is a bit of a barrier
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

For Koodo to unlock your phone it's $50. But there are 3rd party services out there that do phone unlocking as well.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I recommend that you unlock with koodo since iphone unlocks tend to be very expensive via third party service.
Hey! I'm travelling to Brazil in July for about a month and a half! I'm with Koodo as well and was wondering what to do with my phone! Can you let me know what you found out please!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily wrote:

Hey! I'm travelling to Brazil in July for about a month and a half! I'm with Koodo as well and ...

Read the responses to the thread, all the answers are there, with the exception that unlocking is now $35 instead of $50.