Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Traveller questions

I am travelling to Montreal tomorrow from New Brunswick and I was wondering 2 things. 1) is it free to be able to text from my phone even if im out of the province? and 2) I'm leaving for the Dominican on saturday and I'd like to take my phone with me because of the music thats on there and the camera but I don't want to be charged extra for roaming... I was wondering what I would do to eliminate the extra charges? remove my sim card or is there a way to turn off my service for the week that i'll be out of the country.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Travelling in Canada is fine. As long as your plan is Canada-wide you won't have any extra charges. Now when you leave the country, the easiest way is to remove your SIM card, yes.
Jonathan I wrote:

Travelling in Canada is fine. As long as your plan is Canada-wide you won't have any extra charge...

Jonathan, what about texting while in DR....I have unlimited text right now...how much does it cost to text while there?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Travelling in Canada is fine. As long as your plan is Canada-wide you won't have any extra charge...

0.60$ per outgoing text, free incoming text without an add-on. You can take a look at available add-ons under the "International Roaming Add-ons" here.
Sweet, thank you so much Jonathan. Really appreciate it . So one more thing though; once I return it should return to normal once I put the sim card back into my phone right?
Userlevel 6
KC wrote:

Sweet, thank you so much Jonathan. Really appreciate it . So one more thing though; once I return...

Absolutely 🙂 Enjoy your trip, Kasey!