Koodo Community

Community

Traveling to Italy

I  have a $40.00 unlimited Talk and Text plan with Data block. If I activate the Roaming bundle for $40.00 will that allow me 50 outgoing  texts (Unlimited incoming texts ) and 50 min anytime calling while in Italy without other charges ?

7 replies

Les Sigal wrote:

My wife is on Koodo and I'm on PC Mobile and we just want to be able to text each other or a quic...

Great Thanks, I want to keep it simple and keep the cost reasonable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Les Sigal wrote:

My wife is on Koodo and I'm on PC Mobile and we just want to be able to text each other or a quic...

For your situation, the Koodo bundle would be the way to go. Unlocking a phone and getting a local SIM to save a few bucks will be expensive when the other party has to call a new number using international long distance just to say "where are you... I'm at the ice cream stand"
My wife is on Koodo and I'm on PC Mobile and we just want to be able to text each other or a quick call if we get split up while on vacation. My phone is unlocked with a dual sim so the local SIM card data only maybe a good way to go.
Thanks for your input.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Honestly, I'd recommend unlocking your phone and getting a local SIM card. TIM offers special data-only plans for visitors (3 EUR for 2 GB or 15 EUR for 10 GB). You can call Canada for free over data with an app like Fongo (which uses about 2 MB per minute). This is what I always do when I'm travelling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would turn off data on your phone just incase.  But I'm a bit OCD
Thanks

Userlevel 6
I haven't looked at the roaming add-ons myself, but if it's $40 for a 30 day pass for 50 outgoing texts and 50 anytime minutes (inbound calling our outbound to Canada), then if your usage in Italy is within those minutes, you won't get hit with any overrage roaming charges.
Do make sure you enable roaming with the $0 international roaming add-on before your trip.