Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Traveling to Costa Rica

I am going to Costa Rica for 10 days in September, and I am wondering if there is a package I can get in order to use email and/or send and receive texts. I have an iphone 4, if that matters.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo offers two roaming packages for the caribbean A) 75 outgoing texts (unlimited incoming) -$15 Text 30text to 5242 on the day your trip starts to subscribe if you want this package. OR 😎 50 outgoing texts, 50 anytime minutes and 50MB for $40. Text 30bundle to 5242 to subscribe to this package on the day your trip starts.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Koodo offers two roaming packages for the caribbean A) 75 outgoing texts (unlimited incoming) ...

I skipped geography, is Costa Rica part of the Caribbean?
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Koodo offers two roaming packages for the caribbean A) 75 outgoing texts (unlimited incoming) ...

Dunno if you're trying to pull a Timo with sarcasm but according to google yeah
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Haha, no. I'm totally serious, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to geography. Specifically in that region. I can point out Bangladesh no problem. But Barbados, I dunno.
Ahmad wrote:

So you cannot buy a package for costa rica as you can with some other carribean countries?
Userlevel 6
You can activate international roaming for voice (and text) via self serve, then log out and log back in (security feature) to activate international roaming for data. Those features are free, but all they do is allow roaming, they don't cover roaming charges. In Costa Rica you'll be in the "Zone 2" area, so it'll be $2.50 per minute for calls, $0.60/SMS and $10/MB.
Thanks for all the help!
Does the Carribean Add On Package for 75 texts for $15 cover Costa Rica? Thanks Michael
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Thompson wrote:

Does the Carribean Add On Package for 75 texts for $15 cover Costa Rica? Thanks Michael

Not what you want to hear but NO: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling Costa Rica definitely zone 2 for roaming --- not part of the Mexico/Carib. deal. As per Curtules above, you must activate international roaming or you won't have any service at all.