Koodo Community
Solved

Traveling

• 26 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I am travelling outside Canada for 4 months and will not be using Koodo in my home country. I got the free Easy Roam add-on but will I still be charged my monthly plan? If so, is there an option to hold/cancel my plan for 4 months so that I can resume with the same number and plan once I am back?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Dennis 26 April 2019, 23:48

Yes easy roam still charges you for your regular plan on top of the daily roaming fees (capped at $150 per billing cycle).

You can place your line on seasonal hold for $15 per month but you will need to change to a current in-market plan when you come back.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-your-account-open-when-travelling

You can get the seasonal hold plan by scheduling a callback via koodo assist
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes easy roam still charges you for your regular plan on top of the daily roaming fees (capped at $150 per billing cycle).

You can place your line on seasonal hold for $15 per month but you will need to change to a current in-market plan when you come back.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-your-account-open-when-travelling

You can get the seasonal hold plan by scheduling a callback via koodo assist
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't have a large tab balance, you can port your Koodo number over to a VoIP service, preferably one that can forward your calls to your home country inexpensively. That will close out your Koodo account. You can use that VoIP account to make calls anytime you have a data connection available, including wifi. Might be a lot cheaper calling back to Canada this way than thru the local cell service you may acquire.

In any event, when you get back, you will have to choose from a new cell plan anyway.
Thank you!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or if you have a good plan that you don't want to lose and cannot compare your current in market plans, you can continue to pay it, not use it, and just use VoIP as Bob suggests.