Koodo Community
Question

Transfer pics from PC to iPhone 5

i just got an iPhone 5 and trying to set-up the iPhone. Cant seem to load pics from pc to iPhone. Tried i-Cloud, i-Fun . I iTunes it says do you want to delete the pictures on the iPhone and then install or cancel ????????? I don't want to delete what i have on the iPhone which it took me forever to put on there!!!! Ant Tips Thanks

41 replies

Userlevel 3
Hey Niel If you go to the link below you should find a few ways to get the picture on the phone http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3449827/how-put-photos-on-iphone-or-ipad/
Userlevel 1
Hey Niel If you go to the link below you should find a few ways to get the picture on the pho...what happens when you plug your iPHONE to itunes can you sync other stuff like songs, videos and other Data, you should have latest itunes version.
Hey Niel If you go to the link below you should find a few ways to get the picture on the pho...bits and pieces not everything i'll do it again a little more this time then i'll sync again and half what i already had would have been erased or gone???? yes latest verion
Userlevel 1
Hey Niel If you go to the link below you should find a few ways to get the picture on the pho...First backup all your iPHONE stuff using iCLOUD, then select items you want to sync from your PC to your iPHONE starting first with your pictures, if you get any specific error check resolution on http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/syncing/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
-First thing you need to do is make sure you sync your iphone with itunes so all your pictures on your iphone 5 is sync onto iTunes on your PC -Second, now that all of your iphone pics are on iTunes, you should add the additional pics to the itunes photo library for your phone -Lastly sync again and all of your photos you added to your library will be on your phones. WARNING: if you have photo's on your phone that is not sync'd to iTunes and you add PC photos onto your itunes photo library to be sync'd, and then you sync... then you risk losing your iphone photos. I did this once 3 years ago and I lost all of my San Diego vacation photos 😞
-First thing you need to do is make sure you sync your iphone with itunes so all your pictures on...when you say sync your iphone to itunes , does that mean back up , like when i first plug in the iPhone 5 to iTunes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
-First thing you need to do is make sure you sync your iphone with itunes so all your pictures on...Syncing and backing up are two different things on iTunes. if you right click on your phone on iTunes there is usually a back up option. Check this our. The first articale is about syncing. The second last article is about backing up How ever I would try what Robert suggested at the very bottom of this post first
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
-First thing you need to do is make sure you sync your iphone with itunes so all your pictures on...Syncing usually backs up all your data too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
-First thing you need to do is make sure you sync your iphone with itunes so all your pictures on...Oops forgot the link http://www.apple.com/ca/support/iphone/syncing/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You seem to be refering to everything you've pout on your iPhone, but I don't think you'll loose everything! Is it the first time you are syncing your iPhone with iTunes?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You seem to be refering to everything you've pout on your iPhone, but I don't think you'll loose ...I feel you dude! Lost pictures suck 😞
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do choose a folder it wants to transfer whole folder, i choose just one pic My choice is Sync folder and all folders can't remove dot and put it on selected folders. Anyways i decided that i'm going to muscle it and use drop box it'll take time for about 300 pictures manually but i"ve spent days getting this far and still nothing. So now i have another situation. I dont know what i did but, somehow my iPone 5 has uploaded every good and junk email address from my pc and filled my contacts what a mess. any way to delete the contact by 30 or 40 at a time or do i have to open each contact, edit it and then delete one at a time. Thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...Looks like you have sync'd contacts on your itunes. In iTunes, for contacts/address book, look for the source that iTunes is referring to (Outlook, adress book, etc) You will need to remove the contacts you dont want from this source and then re-sync.
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...i changed to Google contacts i have none and pressed sync it wanted to know if i wanted to delete photos from the iPhone click cancel it synced something but contacts are still there
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...So it sync'd your google contacts from your PC to your iphone address book?
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...i don't have any google contacts
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...is there a way to delete all these contacts and start fresh again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok Don't know why but in itunes it wants to transfer everything in my pictures and when i do cho...If you made a back up you can restore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So where did the contacts from from on your PC? It should display here like this:

not the same
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Close enough that I understand. You have google contacts set up on your PC so that is where the adress book is coming from you will have to clean out your Google Contacts and re-sync Contacts only. And like I said, the other option would be to restore from a backup. Otherwise you have have to clean your contacts manually

where are my google contacts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They should be in your google/gmail account. Check to see if the contacts match with what was sync'd
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think your contact problem may be related to your hotmail account. Or w/e e-mail service you've signed up to. For exemple, when you go to (I don't have my iPhone with me, so I'll try and guess) Settings, E-mail you will see your e-mails accounts that are on your phone. Therefore, you should click on one of them and there you would have the possiiblity to choose whether or not you want to sync : Contacts, Calendar, Birthdays, etc. You would have to uncheck the contacts part. Don't do a restore yet.