Koodo Community
Question

Trading in iPhone 4s for iPhone 5?

• 11 June 2013
  • 7 replies

I've never traded in a phone before with any provider so I'm not sure 100% sure how it works... I have an iPhone 4s that I bought 11 months ago. I paid for it upfront, so it's fully paid for already and I have accumulated $100 on my tab since then to spend on an upgrade. I've kept my phone in mint condition with cases and screen protectors, so I'm wondering when would be the best time to trade it in and upgrade to the iPhone 5? I'd like to pay for an iPhone 5 upfront as well so I'm just wondering how much extra it would cost me after I traded in and used my tab balance.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Only way to find out is to bring it in to a Koodo Kiosk and have them evaluate it.
Userlevel 1
Only way to find out is to bring it in to a Koodo Kiosk and have them evaluate it. Same question was posted by John on this post http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/trading_in_iphone_4s_for_iphone_5-sfz9u
Userlevel 5
Hi There, The trade in value for your iPhone 4S in mint condition is $190 at a Koodo shop. So this means 670 - 190 - 100 = $380 + applicable taxes. Tip: Koodo has a refer-a-friend program where you get $25 on your tab and $25 on your friend/family tab that you refer. So if you refer just 4 people, you will get an additional $100 on your tab. It is super easy to claim your extra tab points. All you need is log in to koodoreferral.com before activating a new line for your friend/family and you will get a code where you have to go back to the website and re-enter the code or if you are activating at a corporate Koodo shop after activation, you can just give the code and they will be able to enter it for you. Hope this helps 🙂
ah okay thanks. I see people selling iPhone 4s' for way more than that on kijiji so it's not even worth it to trade in. I still have 13 months left on my apple care accidental damage protection warranty too.
Userlevel 5
ah okay thanks. I see people selling iPhone 4s' for way more than that on kijiji so it's not even...I'm glad I could help you out 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ah okay thanks. I see people selling iPhone 4s' for way more than that on kijiji so it's not even...You'll never get a good deal on a trade-in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ah okay thanks. I see people selling iPhone 4s' for way more than that on kijiji so it's not even...I would sell on Kijiji (I have done this a few times in the past). The resale on Apple products are very good. If you get it unlocked you would sell it a lot quicker too. Just note that a Koodo iphone will work for Telus and Koodo. This will help widen your selling audience