Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trade-in question

How much will I have to pay if I'm trading in iPhone 5s 16 GB for an iPhone 6 64 GB?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would be better selling on the Internet. You would get more money for it then at Koodo or apple
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You would be better selling on the Internet. You would get more money for it then at Koodo or apple

I second this. You can get at least $300-400 (depending on condition) selling the phone yourself versus maybe $100-150 trading it in.
Robert wrote:

Now I was highly inclined to do this but I have a promo plan ($45 1 GB Data). I'm not sure if I'll lose this plan or not if I sell the phone myself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You won't lose your plan. You can sell your phone privately or trade in. Device is yours to do anything. You will need to pay off any negative tab to upgrade your phone and start a new tab. Or you can buy a new phone outright and keep paying down the current tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

If you avoid any phone transactions with Koodo (buying or selling), nothing will change. If you go through Koodo, your plan wont change, but if you had the 10% off No Tab discount, you will lose that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Use this as a guide http://tradein.bestbuy.ca/bb/QuoteCalculatorCellPhones.cfm?locale=BB For the new phone you would be paying: Retail price - trade in value - any tab you wish to get Find the retail price at this link here. Just click on the phone to find the full retail price https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Phones
Userlevel 1
I do NOT suggest trading in. Trading in anything is the worst idea as they always give you a significantly lower price quote than what your device is worth. Your iPhone, which at launch would be around $700, in only a year would be only worth maybe $200 if you're lucky in trade in value. Trust me, sell it online. You will earn a lot more money that way which you can use towards buying a new phone. Try Craigslist or Kijiji. Cheers!