Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trade-in and tab

So, I have the Samsung Galaxy S2X, and I want to get the Iphone 4s. If I trade in my current phone, will I get anything put toward the Iphone 4s? It's in good condition and I've only had it for a year. Also, for example if I have a tab of 66, does that mean I can put 66$ to my tab of the iphone? The tab thing really confuses me haha!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The trade-in program can reduce the total price of the 4S for you (though not by much, you're much better off selling the phone yourself). If you have a tab balance of $66, that means that you owe Koodo $66, and have $84 available to use for a tab S, $234 available for a tab M, or $434 available for a tab L. If you log into your self serve account on Koodo's website and then look at phone pricing, it'll tell you exactly how much you have available to use.
Userlevel 7
The 4S model now offered is an 8GB model (and non expandable), of which I think 2 is taken up by the OS. You'd be sacrificing storage space for the new device (and several hundred $$). Is that going to be a concern for you?
Userlevel 5
I don't recommend getting he iPhone 4S 8GB model as the new iOS 7 does take up a lot of the memory. You won't have much memory to use and I don't think it's worth it. Getting the iPhone 5, or 5C may be a wise decision. Or you could pick up any Android devices like the Nexus 4. It's cheap, has 16GB and expandable memory for more memory. It's also a really good device.