Koodo Community

Community

Today, I broke my phone. Beyond repair, as in it got run over by a car, not that it matters. What are my options?

So there is no way to get my phone back to working order. Is there any way through self serve, to technically "upgrade" my broken phone to a new one, and make a new tab and pay off my old broken one, and new one at the same time? I really don't know what to do, do I call? Can I do it through the website? 

I'm so flustered right now, any advice would be great!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mary, yes you can log into your self serve and select to pay off your tab owing in full (this needs to be done before opening a new tab) . Then go over to the website from your self serve account and select your new phone under an existing customer and chose your tab size and plan and order yourself a new phone just follow the steps.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Mary, yes you can log into your self serve and select to pay off your tab owing in full (this ...

So is there no other way? I have to pay off the tab of a broken phone to be able to get a new one then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mary, yes you can log into your self serve and select to pay off your tab owing in full (this ...

Unless you buy the phone outright, yes you have to pay it off first.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There's also the second hand market which is cheaper and you don't need to buy it outright.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You also have the option of buying new, unlocked phones at Staples and Costco. Or refurbished ones at Factory Direct.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see that you tagged this as iPhone. Apple will replace your damaged beyond repair iPhone for a fee. I believe that it's around 500 for a newer iPhone. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper the buying the same new iPhone outright.