Koodo Community
Solved

To get a phone

• 28 February 2019
  • 8 replies

I want to get a phone n plan.
My mom wants to pay for it but she lives in Edmonton
would a kiosk take her information over the phone with me present?
icon

Best answer by Allan M 28 February 2019, 04:13

Only way you could would be for her to go to a kiosk and sign up for a plan, then either have her mail you the sim card, or have her put your name put on the account (or get selfserve access from her) so that you can go to your local kiosk and buy a new sim and then sim swap on the account.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. She would have to be there in store with you.
You can sign up for the plan and give her self serve access and let her pay for that way.
Well Allan I have no money to pay upfront for a phone and my credit sucks. That’s why my mom in Edmonton wanted to get me a phone with her credit card. So how can we do this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only way you could would be for her to go to a kiosk and sign up for a plan, then either have her mail you the sim card, or have her put your name put on the account (or get selfserve access from her) so that you can go to your local kiosk and buy a new sim and then sim swap on the account.
How will that get me a phone and a plan ASAP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Same process.
She either buys and ships it to you, or if your name is put onto the account then you can go in and buy it yourself on the tab, and/or she can reimburse you for any upfront costs after you buy it.
Say I went to a kiosk and called my mom and she put one under her name. Do they do credit checks over the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That will not work. Allan said that she has to be présent. Or she can sign up online. Either way it's gotta be her doing it herself. She's gonna have to send the sim card and / or phone herself.

If you really need a phone you're probably best off buying one used for a good price unless there's a particularly good sale on with Koodo right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That will not work. Allan said that she has to be présent. Or she can sign up online. Either way it's gotta be her doing it herself. She's gonna have to send the sim card and / or phone herself.

If you really need a phone you're probably best off buying one used for a good price unless there's a particularly good sale on with Koodo right now.

And then sign up for prepaid