Koodo Community

Community

There is an extra "Partial Charge" on my bill this month, what is this about?

I have an iPhone 6S and recently upgraded my data to 500MB extra, but I got charged more than I should have

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you change your plan to get that more data? If you did then chances are your seeing a prorated bill with part for your old plan and part for your new plan like you saw when you first signed up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you switch plans you get partially charged because part of your billing cycle was on one plan and part was on another so the two amounts are pro-rated. Talk minutes if you're not on unlimited for both plans will also be pro-rated and extra charges can appear from that.
I did not change my plan, I added data thru a promo text. I got charged $5 for the month, I understand that, however the $3.50 charge on top of that is confusing me. Why would I be charged more when I was under my new data limit for the month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AndrewMikeChipka wrote:

I did not change my plan, I added data thru a promo text. I got charged $5 for the month, I under...

Check page 3 of your ebill. Is the $3.50 charge indeed for data or for long distance for example.
AndrewMikeChipka wrote:

I did not change my plan, I added data thru a promo text. I got charged $5 for the month, I under...

Yes its data, for part of the month of March. I looked into the billing pdf and the $5 charge is actually for the month of April. Is there any reason Im being charged in advance like this? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AndrewMikeChipka wrote:

When you're postpaid it does that. Ok so is this promo for 5 dollars for 500mb a permanent add-on offer you got or for x months?