Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Texts are not received.

My phone is not recieving texts it receves calls and it can sent texts but I can not read the ones other people sent me. How can I resolve this issue?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you not read them or are you not receiving them? Is this with all messages or just ones from other iphones?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Can you not read them or are you not receiving them? Is this with all messages or just ones from...

I can't read them but when I get to wifi all the texts i get are from other iPhones
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Can you not read them or are you not receiving them? Is this with all messages or just ones from...

Then they arrive at your phone but are unreadable for some reason?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure the people that are sending you text have the option "Sens as SMS" when iMessage is not available. I guess you're not on wifi/data 24h/24h. Therefore, if your friends don't have this option enabled, won't be able to reach you. Also, is this only iMessage related or it applies to all texts?
I have an Android, I make/receive calls and send text messages but I am not able to receive texts. I have WiFi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Syna Maclagan wrote:

I have an Android, I make/receive calls and send text messages but I am not able to receive texts...

This is pretty weird, what phone do you have? Have you tried a hard reset by removing the battery?
Userlevel 7
Syna Maclagan wrote:

I have an Android, I make/receive calls and send text messages but I am not able to receive texts...

Is your phone the Samsung Galaxy Ace?
Userlevel 7
Syna Maclagan wrote:

If the answer to Ahmad's question is yes, promptly dispose of it and buy a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Syna Maclagan wrote:

The Ace had issues sending though, not receiving...
Userlevel 5
Syna Maclagan wrote:

The Ace had issues with sending/receiving texts when Packet Data was turned on. (Although you need packet data on to receive/send MMS texts, so the issu was that you had to alternate every single time)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Syna Maclagan wrote:

I owned the ace myself, and working in tech support I heard this issue described many times. It affected SENDING only. Messages could be received just fine.