Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Text to mobile from Wifi

Userlevel 1
I'm on wifi with Apple ID but I want to text to Koodo mobile number, How can I do this? Bell can email and text to mobile, does Koodo has the same and how to do it,,, thanks,,,

23 replies

I don't think it's possible with Koodo at the moment, although that idea had been submitted to Koodo.
Userlevel 1
I search and I found for Koodo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@msg. koodomobile ,,,,,,but it doesn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As reported elsewhere on this board:

From your phone to your [i]email.

Bell: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
Fido: [10-digit phone number]@fido.ca
[b]Koodo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com
MTS: [10-digit phone number]@text.mtsmobility.com
President’s Choice: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
Rogers: [10-digit phone number]@pcs.rogers.com
Sasktel: [10-digit phone number]@sms.sasktel.com
Solo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
TELUS: [10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com
Virgin Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@vmobile.ca
This is what I found:

https://www.koodomobile.com/send-a-message

Perhaps it used to work..
Userlevel 1
Similar to the one I found but changes to Telus.com,, I didn't know Koodo is own by Telus
I just tested it. It works! Sender being 9999999
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kenneth Yu wrote:

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Kenneth Yu wrote:

I did text but I haven't get a no-sent reply yet,, so I guess it worked,,, cool
Userlevel 1
Kenneth Yu wrote:

Thanks guys,, Chat you later dudes,,,
Userlevel 1
Kenneth Yu wrote:

One more thing,,, can they reply to the email by text????
Userlevel 1
Can they reply to the email address by mobile text???? Cause not receiving a reply yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

Can they reply to the email address by mobile text???? Cause not receiving a reply yet

Apparently not directly since sender comes in as essentially anonymous (99999 as Kenneth Wu stated above). If you include your email address in the text then some apps will automatically open an email window addressed to you on the recipient's phone. Or include your phone number so they can send you a text from their text app.
Chappy wrote:

That's a nice work-around. Very useful. Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

Oh ok very useful,, thanks bob,,,you should change your name to bobmobile,,,haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

[10-digit phone number]@msg. koodomobile works as MMS.

If you turn your data on you should be able to receive and reply.

Add: I just re-read your post. If you are on WIFI, then Telus.com works, but you can't reply
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

Mayumi,, ok txt, and from iPad (wifi) to mobile. Can It be done?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

I never done that and I can't access to my iPad right now... 
(I was thinking from iPhone)
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

It is on a wifi. And sending by email is over the Internet,, phone is an iPhone,, I will be keep searching thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This topic is getting wider. If you want to text from any device on your wifi network that is not normally capable of texting directly(computer or tablet), you can link to an Android mobile phone on the same network and essentially use that as a gateway to texting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texty.sms

Install MightyText app on the Android phone then open a page in Chrome or Firefox on your tablet/laptop/desktop as directed by MightyText welcome. Your incoming texts will then be mirrored on this device. You can also send and save texts to a file. Works like a charm, especially for those of us who are not all thumbs but realllly used to the standard computer keyboard for typing. Incoming texts can show up as notifications on your computer screen.

I know most of this capability is baked into the later Apple ecosystem, but someone else who knows the ropes will have to chime in.
Userlevel 1
I do understand but the Android must be a mobile,, In my case, I'm in ipad(wifi)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

I do understand but the Android must be a mobile,, In my case, I'm in ipad(wifi)

Yes, an Android phone running that app serves as your bridge to native SMS. Your iPad connects to the phone via wifi, the phone uses its mobile connection to handle your SMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I recall you can use Skype to text via a wi-fi connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I recall you can use Skype to text via a wi-fi connection.

You can send texts to any number. Costs a few cents per message.

But AFAIK there's no facility for someone out there to text you back unless you are both running Skype.