Koodo Community

Community

Solved

text messages not received

I'm not receiving any text messages that people are sending me, is there something wrong with my phone? It's a brand new iphone 4s that I just got yesterday

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Is it for everyone who tries texting you or just a few people? Make sure they're not sending you iMessages. This is a common problem with iPhones that is supposedly going to be fixed soon but in the mean time, make sure they're sending it to your actual phone # and not as an iMessage. That requires WiFi or data.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Is it for everyone who tries texting you or just a few people? Make sure they're not sending ...

She has an iPhone right now. There's no problem that needs to be fixed here. If she activated iMessage, then of course messages should come through iMessage.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Is it for everyone who tries texting you or just a few people? Make sure they're not sending ...

I think you missed the point that Jonathan mentioned...
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

"Make sure they're not sending you iMessages. This is a common problem with iPhones that is supposedly going to be fixed soon". I don't care about the rest because we don't know if Lura Schoof has internet connection or not.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Mentioning iMessage is standard practice when SMS becomes an issue. It's called process of elimination. Very useful tactic for troubleshooting.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

You don't just amputate an arm before you know what the actual problem is. Jonathan was talking about a problem that happens when you go from an iOS device to another OS, not when you're on iPhone. Don't comment before you read. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Hi "Koodo Customer", we are all here to help, no need to argue 🙂 Please stick to the guidelines: http://koo.do/guidelines123. Thank you!
yes it's for everyone
Userlevel 1
Laura Schoof wrote:

yes it's for everyone

Are you able to send messages? Are you able to call or connect to the Internet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have an iPhone Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
It turned out to be an issue on their end, thanks
Userlevel 6
Laura Schoof wrote:

It turned out to be an issue on their end, thanks

Hi Laura, glad to hear it's working now 🙂 Have a great weekend!