Koodo Community
Solved

Text message records from 9 months ago

• 7 November 2018
  • 12 replies

Can I request a copy of my text messaging records from 9 months ago? I can't find this in the Self Serve area. I need a record of specifically February 9th, 2018. Second part to my question: would these records also include iMessages?
icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 9 November 2018, 14:30

Hey mariajhc1! Unfortunately, there is no way to get the content of the text messages however, our privacy team can provide you with a record of the date and time when messages were sent or received. You can request these records by sending an email to privacy@koodomobile.com

It is also important to note that iMessages will not appear on these records since they are sent through Data.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello,

No it will not include iMessage since they use data. Also yes it's possible to have the log from 9 months ago. You can find it on self serve
The Self Serve are only shows as far back as 90 days ago. Is there a way to access longer ago than that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Self Serve are only shows as far back as 90 days ago. Is there a way to access longer ago than that?

If you a postpaid customer, Koodo mentioned that they could showed bill from recent pass 18 months https://www.koodomobile.com/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

In your selfserve, go to View my Bill >> Download past bills, a dropdown will show for you to select other past bills

I might be wrong, but it looks like the bills only show call records not text message records. So how can I access text records specifically? Ones that show time and date just like the call records.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I might be wrong, but it looks like the bills only show call records not text message records. So how can I access text records specifically? Ones that show time and date just like the call records.
Ah, the bill would only include the call record. Text record wasn't available in the bill. For some reasons, they didn't include it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're right. Only a court order will make you get those records. Not sure you can get them without. Send a message to Koodo on FB to see if it is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No it will not include iMessage since they use data.

@Robert T @mariajhc1 not only this, but iMessage is end-to-end encrypted, meaning to Koodo or anyone else snooping the signal or packets anywhere between your iDevice and your friend's iDevice, all they will see is random gibberish-looking data. I don't know if there's enough [unencrypted] metadata to be able to determine that the packet contains an iMessage message or whom the recipient would be, but I would doubt it.
Oh dear. Is someone from Koodo able to confirm what @Robert T states? Or are these forums only for users?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are employees here but it's easier to ask on Koodo's FB page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In addition to the records not including iMessages, there is no information on the content of any of the messages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I might be wrong, but it looks like the bills only show call records not text message records. So how can I access text records specifically? Ones that show time and date just like the call records.Ah, the bill would only include the call record. Text record wasn't available in the bill. For some reasons, they didn't include it.

The reason would likely be the fact that there are people who send hundreds of text messages a day. NOBODY has time to wade through a 15 page bill every month.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey mariajhc1! Unfortunately, there is no way to get the content of the text messages however, our privacy team can provide you with a record of the date and time when messages were sent or received. You can request these records by sending an email to privacy@koodomobile.com

It is also important to note that iMessages will not appear on these records since they are sent through Data.