Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Text-message problems

Hello. My girlfriend moved to Canada to study (we live in Sweden). She bought a koodo-simcard to use. We tried to text but she was not able to send me regular text messages. I was able to send them to her. We also tried imessage and that did work. Does someone know what the problem might be? I dont know what type of koodo-plan she bought if that matters?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
iMessage uses data or wifi so that should not be affected by Koodo's network. Can she call, text, and talk with others in Canada?
She can talk with others in Canada and text them, the problem only occurs when she tries to call/text to sweden (and probably other countries outside canada)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anton Svensson wrote:

She can talk with others in Canada and text them, the problem only occurs when she tries to call/...

Her best bet would be to call Koodo Tech suppoort to see if there's an issue communicating between the networks from Koodo to Sweden. Make sure she knows which provider you are with too. She can talk to Koodo by calling *611 on her Koodo cell (It's a free call)
Anton Svensson wrote:

She can talk with others in Canada and text them, the problem only occurs when she tries to call/...

okay, thank you for the reply. we will give tech support a try and hopefully it works!